We will post a new recipe every month or so from chefs, foodies, fishermen, etc. incorporating locally sourced, sustainably harvested seafood. These recipes will involve a brief description of the connection to the author, and maybe why they like working with that particular seafood species.
The recipes provide a narrative behind the resource. That is, the cusk fish tacos tell a story about why using cusk, an underutilized species, is a good, tasty approach to understanding our relationship to the seafood we eat. Each decision we make at the store or in the restaurant has an impact.
So dive in. Get your hands dirty. And most of all, enjoy a closer connection to your seafood. And tell us what you think!
- Salted Pollock Croquettes, Chef Mark Segal, TINOS Greek Kitchen, Hampton, N.H.
- Mussels San Remo, Chef Rob Martin, 1652 Restaurant, York, Maine.
- Fish Stock, Chef Evan Mallett, Black Trumpet, Portsmouth, N.H.
- Ginger Garlic Tamari Scallops, Colles Stowell, Yarmouth, Maine.
- Grandma Davis’ Fish Chowder, Jane Almeida, Bailey Island, Maine.
- Skate With Capers and Butter, Chef Rizwan Ahmed, Johnson & Wales University College of Culinary Arts, Rhode Island.